Good morning Friday, TwilightMOMS! You have debbie-dub to thank again for getting us most of the news in this update! You rock, debbie-d!
- First, since this has been reported by many sources over the past few days, including several TwilightMOMS who’ve heard it announced on the radio & confirmed it with the radio station, the Desert News reports here that “Parker,” from KENZ 101.9 The End, says he will interview Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight series, on July 29, during his 3-7 p.m. show. The trouble is, according to Stephenie’s publicist, the interview isn’t confirmed. Not that we’ll be the first to know or get it out as soon as we should, but we don’t want to get you everyone excited about something until we can confirm the story… once we get any confirmations from our sources about radio interviews, we’ll get it out to all of you.
- For our UK fans, EmpireOnline.com has a bit about the new Twilight trailer, here.
- And the buzz continues…. Ohmygore.com has a piece on the trailer, too. Read it here. And then rewatch the trailer we posted here Or rewatch it first, and then read the buzz about it. Really, we need a better word than “rewatching” for viewing the trailer again and again. Any ideas? Revamping is to the books as ______ is to the movie trailers?
- The Chattanooga Times Free Press has an article here, discussing the popularity of the Twilight Series vs. the , yep, you guessed it, the Harry Potter series (some of you with a sigh…). But, as debbie-d pointed out, they recognize the female adult fan base by saying, “the Twilight series is especially popular with teenage girls, but that adult women are also picking it up.” Yep, we could’ve told you that!
- Our blog about TwilightTeez announcing the July 18th at 12 pm MST release date (that’s today!) of Bella’s Engagement Ring TM disappeared, but their servers were down for a while prepping for the big release anyway, so hopefully they’re ready for the traffic today! Warning: The announcement comes with a Medical Warning, so we won’t post pictures, just the link here to the announcement.