August 2 is finally here! And so the Stephenie Meyer-requested lock down should be over, right? Yes, that lock down is officially over because many of us have the book in our hands. (Sorry Kindle readers and TwilightMOMS around the world with later release dates. Hopefully the time will pass quickly… okay, that was just mean. We know how horribly slow these hours must be ticking by…)
We gave the entire TwilightMOM staff the Breaking Dawn Holiday Weekend off- one of the perks of the job! Now the lock down is self-imposed. Many of us are busy reading & partying and traveling to get back from all the reading & partying so we can start reading & partying on TwilightMOMS! So, when will this party start again? Inspiredbytwilight announced the date and time here.
“Our forums will reopen on Monday, August 4th at Noon Eastern Time, 9 am Pacific”
Inspired also shared this excellent advice:
“Warning: Do not visit the forums until you have finished the book!!! We don’t want anyone to get accidentally spoiled!”
We are turning comments back on the blog, though. Not that we’ll be posting much, if at all, but there’s lots of news to catch up.
So, until August 4th, then! We can’t wait to hear everyone’s thoughts about August’s Book of the Month. Hey, did anyone ask the author if she’d be willing to answer a few questions? Oh, that’s right. She’s touring the country right now doing just that! We can’t wait for this first batch of Q&As to come out of Chicago next Tuesday. *Calling all Chicago TwilightMOMS & anyone else lucky enough to be there!* Will you guys get those Q and As to us? It’s not being broadcast on EW.com or on iClips. (BTW, what’s up with EW “rebroadcasting” the NY concert at midnight this morning- you know, right when the book was finally released? When lots of us were at book stores all around the country buying our books? Why not rebroadcast it tonight instead? Just wondering…)
On to the news- we’ll start with some of the best Stephenie Meyer news
- Variety published this article here called ‘Stephenie Meyer Women’s Impact Report: Brand-Name Sensations.’
- ABCnews.com has posted videos about Stephenie’s appearance on Good Morning America. You can find several on ABC’s web site, including this one here. For our international TwilightMOMS, we’ve received links for you to watch. Try here!
TwilightMOMS are in the news everywhere lately! Check out all these cool articles.
- If you didn’t get a chance to listen to TwilightLive live, you can listen to Lisa co-hosting it here. Pictures from the podcast and more details are at Twilight Series Theories.
- The transcript of the Washington Post’s chat with Georgia Cranston (aka TwilightMOMS own *gypsy wings*), Kaleb Nation (or, the Twilight Guy) and Kimmy West of His Golden Eyes is a MUST read- check it out here!
- The Boston Globe not only published an article here called ‘Dawn’ is breaking for vampire series, they interviewed some TwilightMOMS & posted a pic of TotalEclipse wearing her TwilightMOMS shirt. Too cool!
- At Comic-Con, Comcast.net interviewed the actors who play Edward, Laurent, Victoria, Jacob, and James in the movie Twilight, author Stephenie Meyer and director Catherine Hardwicke. The chats will be posted in installments (watch for them here and here)- the first one up here is their chat & video interviews with Edi “Rock Star” Gathegi & Taylor Lautner. Queenofmycastle says both Edi & Taylor “had very nice things to say about TwilightMOMs!”
- BusinessWeek Magazine published an interesting article here titled ‘The Online Fan World of the Twilight Vampire Books.’ The author writes that the Twilight Lexicon and TwilightMOMS.com “helped propel sales of the series to 7.5 million books.” BusinessWeek included a slideshow about the top Twilight fan sites. The picture & write-up about about Lisa Hansen, founder of TwilightMOMS.com is here.
- The July 31st edition of USA Today published an article here called ‘Twilight’ author Stephenie Meyer unfazed as fame dawns. Once again, Lisa Hansen, our founder, was interviewed and TwilightMOMS are mentioned!
- Thanks, Forcelle, for sending us this Minneapolis Star Tribune article here that quotes another TwilightMOM, scrappycook, quotes Lisa and mentions TwilightMOMS!