Bill Condon held a press conference today in Rio de Janeiro with The Twilight Saga producer Wyck Godfrey and RioFilme’s Sérgio Sá Leitão. R7 provides this overview of the event (using Google to translate from Portuguese to English, apologies in advance for any errors):
- The director told the R7 that he, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are enjoying the affection of fans.
- The director said the choice of the city as a location was stimulated by the Rio Film. They recognized that Rio is a very vibrant place, so they decided that the city would come into the film. They filmed a scene in Lapa in order to show the real culture of Brazil.
- The producer, Wyck Godfrey, revealed that filming with the actors in the river have been closed. Sergio Sa Leitao, president of River Films, added that the staff of Breaking Dawn should be back to Rio just to make aerial images of the city.
- Asked if the couple had time to know the city, the director said the entire schedule was planned to focus on just shooting. He said the schedule is very tight, but they love what little they have seen and know.
- Rio Films said the film crew will be ten days in Rio de Janeiro – they arrived on Friday (Nov. 5) – but that will only be five days of filming.The remaining days will be to shift production and equipment.
You can read additional coverage of the press conference from g1 at Twilight Fever.